How to write a good CV
CV is short for curriculum vitae and is a brief description of your work and education history. It explains to employers what you can do, what you have done and if you are suitable for a job.
A CV should:
- Be no more than two pages of A4
- Include details about your knowledge, qualifications, learning, skills and abilities in a positive way
- Include your name, address, mobile phone number and email address
- Include details of any paid or unpaid work, previous employers, job titles and examples of tasks
- Include a line saying ‘references available on request’
- Be tailored to the employer and job you are applying for. You can do this by editing your CV for each job application to show how your experience, knowledge and skills fit the requirements of the job, especially those marked ‘essential’.